Tuesday, December 22, 2009

After all there's only 4 more sleeps 'til Christmas... Day

That's the Muppet Christmas Carol song if anyone didn't catch that.

First things first... Investigators!

I think I told you about Jose last week. Wow! Jose is so prepared to hear the gospel. He did throw some curveball's here and there but so far, he should have his interview on saturday or sunday! He's been one of the best investigators any missionary can ask for. Here's an example why, we went by his house this morning to teach him the 3rd lesson with the 10 commandments. (3rd is Faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost and endure to the end) We get ther and he had not only read Alma 32 which talks of faith, but he had gone on the church website and looked up "the gospel of Jesus Christ" and when we got there this morning he had the entire thing mapped out with questions on the sides answered with BOM scriptures. Like "what is faith?" and he wrote Alma 32, and a Mosiah scripture. SO COOL!! We're going by and teaching him every day so he can still get baptized the 30th. I know president said we would see miracles in December but I never expected anything like this. So awesome the people the Lord has prepared for us to meet. He's pretty much teaching us!

Guadalupe and Marco are still as solid as ever. They had some questoins on the word Apostasy the other day. Oh yeah they got that question cause they were reading the Gospel Principals book. They are just about the coolest mexicans I know. It was really fun we went with them to the Ward Christmas Party and just ate and talked for a while. Marco and I started talking about our most memorable Christmas, he alsmost got teary eyed, It was really cool. I felt like he really opened up and just let me see the real him. They've had so many big aswesome chasnges in their lives with the gospel, I love the power it has to bless those willing to seek for truth!

We set a baptismal date with Yanira, I dont' know if I talked much about her, we had tracted into her and later her boyfriend joined the lesson. He ended up not being interested but she still was. She's a Mother of 3 but all 3 are still in El Salvador while she tries to earn money here in America for them. They all want her to come back but she wants them to come here. She's really curios about the Book of Mormon and really wants to know it's true. The problem is getting her to do what she said she'll do. She'll read, it's the coming to church that's hard. Other then that she's doing great!

Tito, pues, Tito was a referall. He says "puess" every other word... you think I'm exagerating. "Pues" is a filler word like "well". Anywho, he is really smart and know a lot. I just don't think he listens very much, or if he does he's having troubles connecting the dots. We still committed him to baptism and I hope he goes through with it, we haven't been able to contact him in awhile though so I hope it wasn't just a one or two time thing with him.

Nancy and Maria, we tracted into them this week and they turned out to be really really interested. She read and prayed about the Book of Mormon and got... somewhat of an answer. She's still caught up on the fact that Joseph Smith saw God. She keeps saying that God is so powerful that nobody can see him. We tried to show her other prophets like Moses talked with God face to face, but she still isn't 100 % sure on it. I think it will disolve when her testimony of the Book of Mormon gets stronger. Her and her Mom Maria are really awesome though. The other night we were going over to teach them and saw the Mom outside working on the car, we stopped by and asked to help but she was just waiting on her husband but we did get to help with some yard work. So we were raking leaves and she was still waiting by the car, she comes over to us and askes us if we would say a prayer with this drunk guy who started talking to her. He comes over and starts telling us how bad he feels, how he feels like Gods trash and that God never would listen to him. He was really wasted. So knelt down in his driveway, Elder Thiriot gave a great spanish prayer, then it took another 20 minutes to get him off and on his way. I don't know if it helped him but the situation really just put us in the right mood. After the prayer we had a good spirit and had a great lesson with Nancy and Maria. Still want to know more before they commit to baptism but I think they are well on there way for it. I can't wait to see them baptized, I just know it will make their lives so much happier. They're a great family already, and I know the gospel can only make things better for them.

Well with all that, we only had Jose, Guadalupe and Marco show up to church. Just means we gotta keep working harder!

So... I get to call on friday!! I did get some more information on that. Since you didn't really tell me any time I'm guessing anytime will be fine with you. I can only call after 7 here so that will be sometime after 8 there. So that's when you can expect my call, sometime between 8 and 830. I only have 45 minutes but I'm excited.

That's about it, I'm sending a little package with some dumb things in it. Not a lot though cause I don't have much to send. I'm sending it today though so you probably won't get it for Christmas.

Other then that I'm floored that Liz is engaged, sorry to hear that linda passed away, and proud of my older sister clearing up a lot about the church with her co-workers, that makes our job as missionaries a lot easier, especially when they know we don't worship Joe with our 6 wives. :)

Well, I'll talk to you on Friday!!

Elder Groves

No comments: