Saturday, November 26, 2011

Who Knows How Words Are Formed.


Well, I'm full of turkey goodness, and there's a nice breeze coming in the window. But, before I start thinking of sugar plums and mangers, I want to reflect a little more on the great things that have happened in the last few days of which I'm grateful.

1) I'm grateful for cold weather. Without the cold, sitting cozy with a blanket and a cup of Stephen's Gourmet French Vanilla wouldn't mean nearly as much! All of my winter jackets and sweaters would be obsolete. And, seeing the world pure and white right after a good snowfall would be nonexistent.

2) I'm thankful for jobs that aren't the best. Sure I may get yelled and cussed at a lot while I talk on the phones. I may sound like a drone answering the phone with the same phrase day after day, but at least I'm not scooping up poo. Also, I look forward even more to the time where I can be sitting in my own practice giving sight to the blind.
3) I'm grateful for tools, jerks, and punks. Hey, someone has got to make the good guys look good. We may not get noticed as much, but I feel we're just gaining more and more brownie points to get the best of the best.

 So, this thanksgiving I find myself really finding the best in everything. I don't mean to complain, I just want people to know it's not the end. Have fun. You only live once, so live high and righteously. Life would be so boring if we had all we wanted. Really, who knows what's in store for us. I'm so glad I can't learn it all at once, because then I get to keep learning. If you keep looking down, then you miss all the stars above. Stop being grumpy and just enjoy what you have!

After all, there's only 28 more sleeps till Christmas!!

No comments: