Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One week down!

I'm here! I'm actually here! This place is so exciting frustrating and spirirtual all at the same time! My companion is Elder Welch from Cody, Wyoming. He has a little sister named Riley and constantly points it out to me. He's a really cool kid, we get along great.

The language is coming... yeah. I know how to pray and how to bear my testimony and that's about it. I'm supposed to be able to contact someone and invite them to recieve our message by the end of the week.

Yesterday was probably one of the worst and one of the best. I say one of the worst because one of our Elders in our district decided to go home. I don't know if he was really home sick or if he felt unworthy, either way we were all sad to see him go. Our branch president said that he will be coming back, just not to our district.

However, yesterday was awesome because we had a tuesday night devotional!! YAY! ok ok, so what's so big about a devotional? well we usually have at least a member of the seventy come and talk to us. every once in awhile we will get an apostle, but they had one last week so... we got.... Elder Russel M. Nelson. Everyone was suprised that we got two apostles right in a row.

I felt the spirit intensify the moment he walked in! He talked about how we need to be alert, and how we can share our message in just four words (three in spanish) "We Follow Jesus Christ". Segimos a Jesucristo.

They feed us really well here... almost too well. I have to watch myself and make sure I don't eat too much. They do give us Gym time, which helps a little... until my ankle gets bruised when I try and catch a softball with it, I guess I'll just have to use my mit next time.

I love it so much here and I am having a blast, the days seem like weeks but the weeks seem like days. Something that happened this morning seems like it happend last week, but something that happened last week seems like it happened yesterday. They keep us so busy and so occupied here. We plan out every hour of our day, and they make sure we have very detailed plans for every hour.

I'm a little dissapointed cause they are re-doing the floor of the gym. That means no basketball or choir til June. Oh well at least I'll get to use it sometime while I'm here.

I'm so excited to learn more and to be able to teach the good people of California. I love this place but I can't wait to leave and go preach the word! I love all of you and hope all your days are as exciting and full of the spirit. There's nothing better for a missionary here, then to recieve letters, so please write! You have to use DearElder.com though, cause we only get 30 min. on e-mail every day and DearElder delivers your letter the same day. Sorry you didn't get my letter til late, I hope you enjoyed it. I love all of you and I'm excited to hear from you.

Love. Elder Groves.

No comments: