Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Agosto 10! Ay!

Muchisimos gracias por las cartas de la familia! Me encanta cuando yo puedo leer cartas de la familia todo!

I'm glad to hear Tahoe is going great. It was fun to hear from everyone, sounds like your having a blast!

Agh, I'm still all itchy from my haircut from Elder Balich, one of the deaf elders in our zone. I'm just glad my hair looks better then when I cut Elder Amundsen's.

This week was really good and really sad.

Really good cause we met some new people contacting, some members and non that was pretty exciting. We'll see how the follow ups go this next week.

We started teaching this guy named Jesus. (hey-soos, just so you don't get confused) when we told him about the first vision, he went off on these stories, about his dreams with red start, Jesus on the cross, the stars shooting throuhg his legs. It was wierd. We tried to get him to read the book of Mormon but he said he couldn't cause his pastor wouldn't let him. with a little convincing we got him to say he would. So that was tuesday, thursday we were going to have him again but he cancelled and we haven't heard from him since.

We saw Stacy, she was pulling in as we were leaving a less active down the street. She had someone in her family die so she said she just needs a few days, she says she thinks about us everyday though, I just hope we can get a lesson with her soon.

We've seen Rosy a few times, but we're backing off a lot more. Maybe by this they will really start working on the divorce so they can get married so they can get baptized! They are practically members. They go to church, they even go to the BOM class on every tuesday. They give out pass along cards to their friends. They're better then some of the real members. They just need to get divorced!

One of Rosy's friends we started teaching again. Her name is Patricia. We stopped by the other day, taught something real quick and set up a return visit. Returned, I kinda entertained the kids while my companion talked, and her and her two kids came to church! We hope to see her a few times this week.

Last night was kinda sad, we went to the temple with Edwin and Vanessa, we asked the Elders that will be working with them to come too, so they can meet them and we could kinda do a "hand-off". It was really cool, we watched the Joseph Smith movie in the MIssion Home then we took a tour outside the temple. I'll see if I can load up some pictures next time to show you. Vanessa seemed really hesitant about the new Edlers but I think they'll be great. His Baptism date is set for the 15th, I hope he can keep it. We do get to go to it so I'll tell you how it goes.

We spoke all spanish this week, that was hard. Good thing I had splits with one of the ZL's so I got to speak english with him. The rest of the week was interesting, still kinda fun though.

I gave a talk in sacrament meeting in our English ward. That was interesting, it's an interesting ward anyway. I wanted to talk about how member's can be missionaries. I don't really remember what I actually said though. Something to that extent. Elder Amundsen said it was good, so I guess it was.

We have Noche de Hogar again tonight, it should be pretty fun, hopefully we can start teaching the two little boys so they can get baptized. I think almost everyone else is baptized.

This Saturday was deep cleaning day, we spent the whole day, from ten to six cleaning our house. I don't know if we will ever use that many paper towels ever again. It was DEEP cleaning. When our DL came by to inspect it, he still said we had more to do. We had to move everything clean behind it. clean windows, cupboards, doors. I spent probably an hour and a half on the shower alone. It was hard work. We only went to our dinner appointment and one family that night. Then went back to clean some more. It's ok, our house is super clean now!

Tell Ben we talked to these people from Managua, Nicaragua. They were having a bible study when we knocked, they want us to come back and teach more about the Book Of Mormon and why we need it. The only side effect, they want their teacher from church to come too. I hope it doesn't turn into a bash.

That's about it, work is hard in compton. It's going though. Pray that we might find some new investigators this week.

I love you all and miss you, have fun in Tahoe!!! Don't trust anyone in wearwolves, and eat lots of Grandma's cookies for me!

Love, Elder Groves

No comments: