Tuesday, August 4, 2009

July 29

!Hola mi familia gordito! (Hello my little fat family)

Another great week, we'll work backwards today.
Went to the temple this morning, awesome! the LA temple is huge!! They have different rooms for parts of the session it's awesome. I loved it and definately needed the extra spiritual boost.

Last night we had dinner with Edwin and Vanessa. We walked in and they were both wearing Te Amo Peru shirts on. Apparently yesterday was the independance day of Peru. So we had a great Peruvian dinner then taught a lesson. I told them I wanted a picture of them and their shirts so they gave us Peruvian Soccer jearsey's to wear and we took a nice peruvian picture! ha ha, they said they'll get us some new jersey's. The lesson went great, talked about baptism and confirmation. Edwin had a lot of questions about repentance, which is good. Better he ask them then not talk at all. Both Elder Amundsen and I agree that they are trusting us a lot more now. The only thing is we gotta get him to church, it should happen not this week but next, he finishes up his last class this week. I hate to say I have favorites, but he's one.

We still need your prayers for Rosy. Pray that she can get divorced so she can get baptized! We spend two or three times a week at her house, which I think is too much for someone who isn't moving I guess. But she keeps all our commitments so she is techniacally progressing, but I convinced Elder Amundsen that we don't need to be spending as much time at her house. We gave her a card with a phone number on it so hopefully she calls it soon.

We had a really cool experience this week at being at the right place right time. Last week we had a missed appointment with a less active, so we decided to tract her neighboorhoood and we found Stacy. (I don't know if I told you about her or not) She already has a BOM and so we said we'd stop by some other time.
We are going to go see the less active again and are a little early, when we pull up Stacy is just walking out of her house to give her dog a walk, we start talking and she said she's been thinking a lot about what we told her the other day, about prophets. She's going through a divorce and needs some extra spiritual boost. So... we taught a first lesson yesterday. Awesome lesson! Both Elder Amundsen and I felt like it went really well. We asked her about baptism and she said she would like to learn a little more first. Perfect! That's why were here! It was a really good day yesterday!

This whole week has been kinda crazy, with P-day a couple days later cause of the temple, It's been a little wierd.

I went on splits on monday, I was with our DL's companion who has a month on me. He liked being the Senior Companion that's for sure. It was a rough go, but we taught a few lessons and did some good tracting. Although he did run through a red light... twice.... I guess that's why he doesn't drive much. He was kinda a slower missionary which was very different then Elder Amundsen and I.My comp said there probably isn't a missionary in the Mission who likes to exercise as much as me. Wierd. Maybe wanting to run everyday is a little too much? We walk fast, plan specific, and are always in the gospel way I guess you could say. It definatley was a different experience that's for sure.

We finally tracted down this referral we've been trying to meet with. First off, we tried to meet him in a church. While we were waiting I got curious and it was a hot day so I wanted to be inside a nice AC church while we waited for him and our member. I noticed a door was unlocked. I opened, then thought I better wait til our member arrives. We start walking around to see if they are at some of the other entrances. We start hearing this wierd sound. Come to find our it's the alarm to the church. Ooops. So we call the Branch Pres. and he tells us the code to turn it off. (he was not happy about the $700 fine the church just got) We get in, it's cool, our member comes, the Branch Pres. comes to make sure everything is alright... and that's it. No Jonathon. Ugh! We finally met him in the park later that week, all we wanted to know were the Do's and Don'ts of the church. We didn't teach much. He wasn't very interested.



A lot happened. I hope you recieved this well. I did try and send it to more people then just Dad. I sent to all the people I have e-mails to. Anyway, time to get back to work, this city sure ain't gonna save it's self!

Love you!

Elder Groves

No comments: