Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Agosto 4!!

Yeah, sorry you didn't get this yesterday, all the libraries in LA county were closed for the day. So we get to do it today!
Looks like everyone is looking forward to the Tahoe trip! That's sweet, I don't remember much about the last trip except the cold water.
This week has been a week of up and downs. One big up was Edwin got really excited about getting baptized but we had to move the date back to the 15th instead of the 9th. We started talking at one of his lessons about the temple and his member wife Vanessa said she went and saw it with her missionaries. So we planned to go see it this saturday. Cool!!
Then the down came. We were supposed to have an appointment with him saturday, and I was really excited for it, then he called me friday night and said he's going to have to cancel cause they are dealing with some family problems with his sister. Ok, ok. I called him saturday night to see when we could reschedule, he said he didn't know because they're moving. WHAT!?!? (that was my reaction more or less) So my first investigator that I've really watched grow and progress is moving to the Harbor area. Luckily still in our mission but we can't continue to teach him. He had about two lessons left then his baptism. They even came to church on sunday, at churh they were asking all kinds of questions that I wish I knew the answer to. One thing I did know was that if he wants, we can still do the baptizing. So he supposedly moved yesterday, we're going to call him or pass by to see if they need help.

Stacy-I had splits again this week and we were supposed to see stacy saturday, she called and cancelled. Haven't gotten a hold of her yet. We'll see what happens today.

Sunday was a tough day, we tracted for 4 hours straight. However, we did find a few people who seemed truley interested. One actually had a lot of member friends which usually helps.

We had a Noche de Hogar (FHE) last night with three families, who are actually one big family, and it went really well. We did this Object Lesson with a Tea Bag and fire. It was fun, the kids loved it. Mike or Shaina probabaly know it, I think I had seen it before. Anyway, we talked to Ivan/Bryant (english and spanish names) he's about 17 just graduated and right now a mission doesn't look like his future. We asked him if he wanted to do what we call a "mini-mission" it's where they stay at our house and do everything with us for a whole day. It's really kinda cool, just a way for Young Men to see what Missionary life really is like. He's bilingual and probably speaks better spanish then us, so he would really be helpful. He seemed really excited about it and so am I.

Well, that's about it for this week. I go on splits again with the ZL's tomorrow and that's when I should get my bike. Right now it's just waiting for someone to pick it up at the mission home. They called me and told me it was there, I just haven't seen it yet.

Love you all, hope all is going well at home. Thank you for your support and prayers, pray for the work, pray for Edwin and Stacy and that Rosy can finally get divorced. I'll talk to you again next week!

Elder Groves

P.S. I did get the picture of Marley and the toilet, so I guess I can see pictures. But having them is much better! ;) also, mom wanted to know how much weight I gained, 10 lbs since home. However, my companion says he's never met a missionary that likes to exercise as much as me, so I'll lose it pretty fast.

No comments: