Wednesday, October 14, 2009

10/5/09

That's my new comp. Elder Oswald. He's from American Fork and has 3 months left, he's already getting a little trunky. He's... well... interesting. He started the transfer saying... "There are a few things you need to know about me" that was at like, 10 am wednesday morning. We didn't get out and working til 3. I hope this goes by faster then I think it will. He's really cool at times and I'm impressed with some of the ways and tactics he uses while teaching. He is also very loud, very messy, and has anxiety and ADHD. It's going to be a very interesting transfer. I think Heavenly Father is testing my patience with this one. This is his second time being Senior companion, and he goes home in december.
Also he's testing me with my area. We had 3 people we wanted to see at church this week and all fell through. We did have a pretty good lesson with Salvador, we brought a member and her really seemed determined to follow through on everything we asked. We stopped by a couple days later un announced just to see how he's doing and all the fire and enthusiasm he had befor was gone. I called him saturday night to remind him about coming to church to watch a session of conference with us and he said he wasn't going to cause he had work. I kinda got frustrated and just told him that he needs to focus less on work and more on his spirituality. I hope he didn't get the wrong impression.
We've had a lot of hit and miss this week with all our investigators. It's tough, cause when I was with Elder Amundsen we were going nuts with all our investigators, now it's really slow and everywhere else is going crazy. I just pray for one baptism this transfer and I'll be happy.
Conference was awesome! It was a whole lot different sitting and watching it in a chapel rather then at home while dad makes breakfast. It still was really good and really powerfull. I can't wait til the Ensign comes out so I can learn it all again! Like I said we didn't have any investigators come, but if they did they would have heard exactly what they needed to hear. Everytalk I thought of one of our investigators who that talk would especially help. Luckily I could watch them all in english and the one spanish building we did go to were showing both. Had that not been the case I don't think I would have had learned as much as I did.
That's about it for this week, we didn't teach very many cause a lot cancelled, our area did change to a car/bike area so I'll be using my bike a lot more. I hope everyone enjoyed conference, it was fun to see some boys I recognized in the aaronic priesthood choir for priesthood session. I didn't see any from our ward though, what's up with that?! 66th we gotta represent!
I did try to attach some pictures this time 174 is at Edwin's baptism, 188 is the baptism of the two boys sergio in blue and anthony in the suit. 200 a sign we found at a church in our area, pretty rockin right?! 202 The Avila-Hernandez family, Elder Amundsen's last day in the area. They were a less active family we've been having Family Night with. She makes some Chile Rellenos that blow Gecko's out of the water! One of my favorite family's in the area.
I hope that explained them well enough. I hope all is well back home, it's starting to get cooler here, we have to wear our jackets every night after 6:00. Hasta luego!

Elder Groves

No comments: