Wednesday, October 14, 2009

9/21/09

Family of mine!
Hey, It's great to hear from y'all again. Sounds like everything is just rolling great! I definately want to see that painting of Grandpa. I also need a picture of Dad with his beard and long hair! Things are going pretty good hear. We've run into some hiccups. We can't seem to get anyone to church. A couple weeks ago, president told us to, unless the spirit says strongly "no", to commit baptism the first lesson. We've done that and have had a few yes's. The thing is, they don't come to church! We call them the night before, they're all good to go. Then we don't see them the next week. That family I told you about last week, who came to church after a tracting contact, we haven't seen them since. We've commited an older lady Bobbie, she didn't come to church. I don't know what is so scary about mormon church!! So that's what's frustrating me. We had stake conference this weekend, Elder Pace spoke. He's also going to speak at Zone Conference wednesday. He talked a lot about getting your own testimony. I think I needed to hear it to make sure that the people we are teaching have that. That they know that the church is true. That they know, Joseph Smith saw god and his son, and that through him the church was not "made" but restored.
Something crazy that happend this week, we go into an some elderly apartments about once a week, a less active and some investigators live there. Well one day we go in and some police walk up to us and ask us to help them out. Elder Amundsen had to reach through a window and unlock a door of a house cause the lady didn't have the strength to do it herself. So we did that, then went on our way. We came over about a day or two after to see that apartment black, and some repairmen working on lighting. Come to find out, that night after we had left. The lady had fallen asleep and a cigerette or something caught her apt. on fire. She had oxygen tanks so it caught pretty quick and she couldn't get out. That was a crazy shocker for us. We didn't know her at all but it still is pretty sad.
To lift your spirits now, we have 3 investigators with a baptismal date! Woohoo! I ask you all to pray they can follow the commandments and go to church so they can be baptized!
Our new convert, and new member are doing well. We will have Family night with the two boys and their families tonight. We're playing Jeapordy!
I don't know if I told you but one of the office Elders saw Allan at church and said he says hi. With Allan at that ward, he's keeping me out of the office for this next transfer ;) which is in a week. I'll probably stay here but Elder Amundsen is leaving... probably. It would be very strange if he stayed. With the Mission being so young there is a chance I could train, but I don't think my spanish is good enough for that.
That's about it for this week. A lot of work still left to do, a lot of baptism dates to set, a lot of people to teach. We definately have our hands full. We only got 2 hours of tracting in this week cause we have so many people to teach.
I love you all! I hope the lord continues to bless you, I know I've been. Talk to you next week!

No comments: