Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Crazy weird week of June 17th!

There are so many things to write about in this letter. I'll start out with how the week started, then hopefully you'll see how it improved.
I started the week like any other, with study. All throughout my studies this week I've been reading and studying but it seems like the same fire I had before to study had dwindled. Sunday I became an official zone leader, that didn't help. Monday I kicked trash at our Spanish speaking game, that didn't help. Yesterday was the day of the week!It was RC day which rocked, and in the RC we're just about to leave, I had made one Spanish call sent her El Libro de Mormón. Anyway, we're about to leave and I get an incoming call, little did I know that that call would be from Joe and I would talk to him for the next 25 minutes! Joe had a lot of questions, what was really cool is i just did what our teachers had taught us and ask him questions so he can answer on his own. It was so cool to hear him find out what he needed to do, what he needed to pray about and be direct. He kept saying that he never thought of that before. Now I think he was a little odd in the head, but he really wanted some help and I'm glad I could offer that for him. That added a new log to my fire.
Experience number 2
We went to practice just like every tuesday, President Brenchly led us, it was great! The last five minutes of choir he read of 36 names. "If these people could meet me in the lobby right now" (My name and my companions Elder Welch were among the ones read, along with two sister from our district) We go to the lobby, we're handed a package with about four or five pieces of music in it. We sing some of the music, then President Brenchly tells us the reason we're there. "This choir will be singing next week for the General Authorities. You will be singing every morning to them while they are visiting the MTC. It's possible the first presidency will be there"... I'm just gonna let that soak in a little... ... ... Wow. We have practice every morning for an hour and we have to memorize all the songs by thursday. I have a lot of work to do, but there is a chance I can meet the Prophet of the Lord! A huge log was added to my fire, it's amazing how the Lord will always answer our prayers!
I don't know what else to write after that... It's been a good last couple of days. I'm starting to teach in spanish now, that's hard. I can't believe I've been here for six weeks already. Three more and I'm outta here! I got the paper for your package but haven't picked it up yet. I hope all is going well at home. I'm grateful for your prayers and I love you all!

Elder Groves

P.S. I have a commitment to extend to those who have served a mission, Will you reflect on your mission and find what it was that pushed you through your hard times whether it be a talk a scipture a hymn, then tell three people that experience and how your prayers were answered.

No comments: