Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 24

Hello Family!!
It's good to hear from you, although I only got one letter from Shaina. Mom still hasn't figured out DearElder, Dad if you could help with that. That really is the best way to send, then I don't have to spend my 30 minutes reading and can spend it talking.
The singing is going so good! We are singing some amazing songs! Here are a few "Precious Savior Dear Redeemer" (New arrangement) "Jesus Once of Humble Birth" (New Arrangement) "This is the Christ" "Blessings" (Come thou fount arrangement) and a really cool arrangement of "Jospeh Smiths First Prayer" My favorite is "This is the Christ" The words are by James E. Faust and are Incredible! Don't worry I bought a little tape recorder and will send home a recording.
Story of the week happened yesterday. My companion woke up and said that his right eye felt like someone sliced it. He forgot to take his contacts out before he went to sleep. So we spent most the day in different waiting rooms, here at the MTC and they even had to shuttle us to a opthamalogist. So we got to see "The outside world" it wasn't very exciting. we have to go again friday and once a week til we leave.
As far as I know our departure date is still July 8. Doug comes in this week! I hope I can find him today, if not today definatley in the next two weeks. It's fun to see new missionaries come in and ask you for help, it reminds me of seven weeks ago.
All is well here, not as much swine flu as was before, there's even a rumor going around we can do contact sports like basketball and soccer next week. I hope so cause that includes using the gloves for softball! Allison Harmon is in the choir with me, a long with Anne Roper. It's fun to see them around, I also have seen Katie Cluff.
So Brindle has taught marley how to be an indecent cat and lay on its back. Good Girl! A lot of people ask about my dog when they see that picture, I love it!
Speaking of pictures, could you send some of the awesome and beautiful set I keep hearing about?! I'm glad the show is going great, Of course it's great they have the best people working on it!
Well can't write much more, only ask you to write more, letters are one of the best things I have to keep me working hard, it reminds me of how happy me and my family are with the gospel, and so my desire to share it grows.
It's so awesome to be here serving the lord, It's incredible the blessings I recive and how much my testimony grows. Right now I'm studying the four gospels and the life of Jesus Christ, I'm learning so much and that is definately something I reccommend.
I love you all and pray that you too can feel how I feel here, that you can have the spirit strong in your lives. I miss you but I know that you'll be blessed. Until next time,

Keep the faith,
Elder Groves

No comments: