Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 10

Hello all!
It's been another great week here at the training place of the Lords soldiers.
All our district is back together! YAY!! After almost a week of having a solo sister, and only two companionships of Elders it's nice to see the family together again. Our two quarantined pigs have returned and the ones sick and confined only to their rooms are feeling well enough to come out.
The highlight of the week is definately the talk yesterday given by none other than Elder David A. Bednar! I just love how easily he can connect with everyone especially missionaries. He talked about a question he always is asked, How can I tell if it's me or the Holy Ghost? He simple and profoundly said, Stop worrying, if your a good boy it won't matter, press forward with fast and keep a mind of Jesus Christ. AWESOME!!! He told a few stories about his mission and his call as a Stake President. I don't think I have time to tell you the complete story but look up President Packers talk called, THe 20 Mark note. It's awesome!

Sunday my companion got sick and we had to stay all day in our residence. That was hard, especially since I wasn't sick so I didn't get to sleep the whole time. I did get all my shoes polished and my shirts ironed.

The language is coming. It's hard because now we have to start speaking a few days in only spanish. I don't have a big enough vocabulary yet to express myself the way I want, and I have to go about some pretty strange ways to get my points across. But it helps so much just to SYL= HSI= Speak Your Language = Hablar Su Idioma. Four days this week I have to speak in only spanish. Ayi Ayi Ayi!! Muy Dificil!

I did begin spanish calls at the RC, but the only person that answered the phone actually spoke english so I don't know how much we learned, maybe next week.

Love you all, hope everything is going well, I can't believe that next week we may be the oldest district in our zone. Wierd! Anyway, good luck with the show and with life.

Carpe Diem!!

Love, Elder Groves

No comments: