Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June 3rd!?

I don't have swine flu. What you've heard from the church news is true, about there be three cases confirmed here and 17 Edlers quarintined. They are being oh so strict with the rules regarding health now. If you feel any kind of sickness your asked to stay in your room, call the front desk so they can set up an appointment with the helath clinic. A fever and chills gets you quarantined. We have two Elders from our zone in quarantine right now, and four more staying in there rooms all day. Crazy sauce!
On other news. President Nelson (my branch president) called me and my companion in for an interview on sunday... boom! New zone leaders!! We definatley did not see that coming. Technically we're ZLIT Zone Leaders In Training until the old one leave, or until June 14. Since that's more likely cause they are delaying all missionaries a week. So, yeah in training, we have to do the new Edler orientation for the Elders we'll get today. I just hope our zone leaders get helathy fast, (they're in there rooms) so we don't have to go completely by the spirit for that orientation.
Another week another TA. This one was not as good as the last one. The spanish task was to follow up on commitments while taking them to church. We didn't have enough people to be investigators so they had to go ask a couple Elders who were a few weeks ahead of us to fill in. I think Edler Welch and I knew more spanish then he did. He would give us much of any kind of answer when we asked him a question. He did commit to baptism though, I was just frustrated with the fact that we had prepared so much for the type of investigator we were told to have, then we got our large Tongan friend who forgot what the background storie was. Oh well, it was good practice none the less.
I'm singing in the choir now, way fun to be in a large choir again. We sing at the Tuesday devotionals. I sang on sunday too, a duet with my companion. It went really well, a sister in my district wants to form a quartet and audition for the special musical numbers, I'm totally game!
All in all it's been a pretty tough week, I have had to remind myself alot to "forget yourself and go to work" I've been trying my best and I know that's what the lord expects of me. The Spanish is getting hard but I'm pushing through it.
I don't really know what else to tell you about this week. Just keep writing, and to let you know, I do e-mail in the morning between 7:30-10:30 while I wait for my laundry. So if you send me a letter tueday, I won't get to writing you til next week, However if you send me a letter any other time of the week, I'll write back wednesday! I haven't got a letter from anyone for a week, (except mom's e-mail this morning) I hope all is well at home. Love you!

Love, Elder Groves

No comments: