Monday, November 16, 2009

Weird... 10/26/09

A lot of ... things happened this week. To start off we dropped Salvador. We asked him about his baptism and how he felt... come to find out he didn't know that the Book of Mormon is true. So we left him to read and pray about it. He said he did... at 3 in the morning after he came back from Knotts berry Farms, and said God has something for him just not right now. Sad but if he's not ready we're wasting the Lords time. Hopefully some other Elders will pick him up and start teaching again. Kinda like we did with Rosio.
We had a great lesson and re-established her testimony in the Book of Mormon. I think Salvador kinda woke us up on some of the fundamentals, then last night went and taught her about the plan of Salvation and The Word of Wisdom... That's her stumbling block. She said she has drunk Cofee and Tea since she was little and doesn't see why it's bad. We tried telling her the only thing that matters is that God told us no. She didn't buy it. She did say she would give Shirley a call and ask her what she thinks. So at least she feels comfortable with the members we bring. She is going to come to Noche De Hogar tonight so maybe some of the people there can help her.
Keri... oh Keri.... Keri got into a car accident thursday night. She and Brooklyn are ok. She broke open her knee and has some staples in it. Brookyn got a couple of stitches in her forehead. We went by and visited friday, Keri can't walk very well but Brookyn seems to have more energy than the Energizer Bunny. So Keri didn't come to church this week and neither did Rocio. I know if we can get them to church, meet some other members, get them excited about being a member, then the road to baptism will be a lot easier. Church seems to be the problem with a lot of people. No wonder our Zone Goal is based around that. We need your prayers this week for these two to get to church!
Other then them we don't have any other investigators, we have a couple potentials but nothing really solid. We've had around 13 hours of finding/tracting this week. That's the most I've had in my mission so far. They're out there, we're just trying to get to them.
I heard about BYU, that stinks. It stinks so bad I can smell it from here! Go Phillies though! Even though I was a little partial to the Angels considering my location.
Halloween is this week, I think I'm going to be a missionary. We actually have to be in our apartments at 6 and can't leave. But we get to treat it as a P-day, write letters, clean, play guitar. We just can't leave our apartment nor give out candy, even if it's glued to a pass along card. I'm excited to get some pictures of Scary Night though! I'll send more pictures next week, I just gotta find what ones I want. Plus I'll send back the SD card.
The work is slowing, but we're doing our best not to. Pray, we could use the help. I love you all, enjoy the snow, I know I'm gonna miss it!

I learned this week from a guy off the street, Jesus lives in the sun, and there is a hidden military base in Compton. Think about that for a while...

Love you! Elder Groves!

No comments: